Covid-19 Protecting your health
Self check-in with your own door code. All frequently-touched surfaces are thoroughly disinfected and hand sanitiser provided. All bed linen and towels are commercially laundered.
We understand that there is only one planet we all share, and its resources are mostly finite. With that in mind we have tried to be mindful when establishing Bed and Bark.
- We use recycled, bamboo toilet paper, tissues and kitchen towels from Who Gives a Crap (whogivesacrap.org). All their products are made without trees, not packed in plastic, use no inks, dyes or scents and in addition, 50% of their profits are donated to help build toilets for those in need.
- We provide poo bags from BioGone (www.biogone.com.au) which are fully biodegradable when placed into landfills or composts and packaged in recycled cardboard.
- There is a Nespresso machine to ensure that your coffee craving is satisfied and all the used coffee capsules are returned to Nespresso for recycling.
- In keeping with our commitment to the environment we provide a compost container for all green waste which goes into our compost bins and not to the landfill.
- During our renovation all lights were replaced with green LED globes which use far less energy than ordinary globes and last for longer than 25 years.
Looking for a holiday destination became difficult once Davy the Labradoodle joined the family. We wanted somewhere away from the city, but not too far away, where our whole family could stay. The answer, was to create our own dream holiday getaway. We chose Warburton in the Yarra Valley, for its proximity to Melbourne and the valley’s wineries, forests, the snow and the Yarra River.